Okay! I'm in too!. I've volunteered to write a chapter - okay, a one page note - on how government communicators will have to adjust to dealing with the the members and issues embodied by new online networks and affinity groups for the new e-book being corralled by Gavin Heaton and Drew Mclellan:
... And out of that blogging conversation and a few e-mails, Gavin & I concocted the idea for an e-book about this new era of communications we've all entered together. But not just any book. It has to be a quick book. Exciting. Sharp. Inclusive. It had to be a book about community and conversation that came from that community and spoke the same vernacular. The title -- The Conversation Age.
And that is why we are talking to you. Our idea:
- 100 authors. We're a few but need more.
- The overriding topic is "The Conversation Age" -- where you take it is up to you.
- The items are short - one 8.5" x 11" page -- it can be words, diagrams, photos (again up to you) If it is words - about 400, give or take a couple.
- We write it quickly and get it out there. We publish electronically.
- We make it available online for a small fee and we donate 100% of the proceeds to Variety the Children's Charity -- which serves children across the entire globe.
If you'd like to write a chapter, here's what you need to do. E-mail Drew with a commitment and a focus/topic that will fit under Conversation Age (first in gets to choose) by April 11th. Drew will going to keep the master list so we keep the content from getting too overlapped.
Your chapter will be due April 30th.
The initial authors included the people below. I'm sure the list has grown since then.
Gavin Heaton Drew McLellan CK Valeria Maltoni Emily Reed Katie Chatfield Greg Verdino Mack Collier Lewis Green Sacrum Ann Handley Mike Sansone Paul McEnany Roger von Oech Anna Farmery David Armano Bob Glaza Mark Goren Matt Dickman Scott Monty Richard Huntington
[tags] The Conversation Age, e-book [/tags]