Another oldie but a goodie:
Reasons to fire your client
- Your primary contact point is in the procurement office.
- They've just implemented an enterprise-wide e-commerce solution: EBay.
- At the last trade show, they handed out branded trucker hats.
- A 60 Minutes crew is sitting in their office - and you didn't invite them.
- Your client only has a hotmail account - at the Kinko's.
- You just can't get over the internal motivational video - the CFO and CMO covering Whitesnake's "Here I go again."
- The CEO hit on Maria Bartiromo - on air!
- In Vegas for a trade show, the CMO asks you to keep the reporter busy because he wants to take a hooker upstairs and do blow off her stomach.
- The Russian security service drops by "for a chat."
- Whenever you use the word "media," the aged founder starts chattering about Marshall McLuhan and acid.
- They believe that a front page photo will steal their soul.
- The client asks "Can you get us PR but also keep us way under the radar? Thanks."
- Their IR officer spends most of her time day trading.
- "Do you mind delaying your invoice for two weeks?"
- Their idea of targeted marketing is a t-shirt cannon.
Posted on September 30, 2004.